The MFT Drilling Machines are customized for specific drilling diameter, depth and the number of spindles.
Due to this counter-rotation, the drill achieves a centering movement and results in 3 times better axiality than the machine with a non-rotating piece. Better drill axiality leads to better feed rates and a superior quality surface finish.
HIGH FEED RATES
BETTER SUPERFICIAL FINISH
A large number of solutions for automated load are also available.
IMSA “MFT” Deep Hole Drilling Machines are dedicated to cylindrical parts such as transmission housing, cam shafts, gear shafts, injectors, lubricators, couplings, valves, drive valves. This series of machines cater to every possible level of productivity – from the lowest to the highest.
- HIGH PRODUCTIVITY 100%
- AUTOMATED LOAD 100%
- TRANSMISSION HOUSING 100%
While the MF Series is used for drilling of moulds and blocks; the MFT Series has a rotating drill with its cutting motion, and the workpiece with its counter-rotation movement.
IMSA machines for round workpieces use two different drilling methods according to
- Deep hole drilling method “gundrilling” for the series MFT
- Deep hole drilling method “BTA/STS” for the series MFTB
- Drilling method: gundrill tool
- Deep drilling diameter from min. Ø1mm to max. Ø42mm depending on the machine model.
- Max. drilling depth from 250 to 6000mm depending on the machine model.
- Single-Spindle or Multi-Spindle machines. Solutions with independent drilling heads are also available.